Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: racki?
- Rackis, J.J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal 1979 v.56 no.3 pp. 262
- vegetable protein; flavor; off flavors; legumes; food processing; peanut protein; grain products
- ... Flavor is a major factor that limits the use of many vegetable proteins in foods. In high quality whole cereal grains, flavor and flavor stability present little or no problem; but when some cereals are further processed into protein concentrates and isolates, objectionable flavors can arise from oxidative deteri-oriation of unsaturated fatty esters in protein-bound lipids. However, degermed wheat ...
- Rackis, J.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal 1979 v.56 no.3 pp. 162
- soy flour; defatted foods; soy protein; trypsin inhibitors; rats; pancreatic diseases; hypertrophy; animal disease models
- ... Pancreatic hypertrophy that occurs in rats fed raw soy flour containing about 1200 mg tripsin inhibitor (TI)/100 g diet was reversed by switching the rats to control diets or to diets containing 30% toasted defatted soy flour. No pancreatic hypertrophy occurs in rats fed commercial, edible grade soy flours, concentrate or isolate from time of weaning to adulthood (ca. 300 days). TI content of the ...