Jump to Main Content
- Shabani, Farzin; Kumar, Lalit; Ahmadi, Mohsen; Esmaeili, Atefeh
- Journal for nature conservation 2017 v.39 pp. 1-36
- Amphibia; Aves; Mammalia; Reptilia; conservation status; databases; models; vertebrates
- ... Analyses of knowledge gaps can highlight imbalances in research, encouraging greater proportionality in the distribution of research efforts. In this research we used generalized linear mixed models (GLMM) with the aim to determine if research efforts for the period 2005–2015 for terrestrial vertebrates of Amphibia, Aves, Mammalia and Reptilia in the South Pacific region were correlated with conse ...
- Farashi, Azita; Shariati, Mitra
- Journal for nature conservation 2017 v.39 pp. 37-57
- biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; birds; conservation areas; conservation buffers; habitats; mammals; models; mountains; reptiles; Iran; Middle East
- ... Iran is one of the most important countries in the Middle East for biodiversity conservation. Because of the high habitat diversity in Iran, a wide range of animal species can live in the country. However, there is lack of knowledge about biodiversity hotspots in Iran. In this paper, the terrestrial mammal, bird, and reptile species listed as threatened (i.e. near threatened, vulnerable, endangere ...