Jump to Main Content
- García-Souto, Daniel; Sumner-Hempel, Auriel; Fervenza, Susana; Pérez-García, Concepción; Torreiro, Angel; González-Romero, Rodrigo; Eirín-López, José M.; Morán, Paloma; Pasantes, Juan J.
- Journal for nature conservation 2017 v.39 pp. 58-67
- DNA; DNA barcoding; Mytilidae; chromosomes; color; cryptic species; databases; histones; multigene family; mussels; nucleotide sequences; ribosomal RNA; species identification; uncertainty
- ... Marine mussels illustrate a stunning variability in shape and color. Such variability, added to the scarcity of reliable morphological characters for their identification, can mislead recognition prompting the assignation of specimens of a single species to different ones or incorporate specimens belonging to different taxa into a single one. DNA barcoding is widely used for species identification ...
- Crookes, Douglas J.
- Journal for nature conservation 2017 v.39 pp. 73-82
- Bayesian theory; Rhinocerotidae; decision making; dehorning; dynamic models; hybrids; issues and policy; prices; uncertainty
- ... Rhino poaching around the world has increased inordinately, to the extent that concerns exist over the possible survival of the species. An open access rhino poaching model is developed for South African rhino. The model is a hybrid dynamical model, as both a system dynamics model as well as a Bayesian network model are developed. The system dynamics model is used to estimate the unknown parameter ...