Jump to Main Content
- Procházka, Petr; Hobson, Keith A.; Karcza, Zsolt; Kralj, Jelena
- Journal für Ornithologie 2008 v.149 no.2 pp. 141-150
- migratory behavior, etc ; Acrocephalus; arid zones; birds; breeding; breeding sites; carbon; cluster analysis; ecosystems; feathers; nitrogen; stable isotopes; winter; Europe; Sub-Saharan Africa; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... To investigate migratory connectivity in the Reed Warbler Acrocephalus scirpaceus, we analysed (1) all available sub-Saharan ringing recoveries and (2) stable isotopes in feathers grown in Africa sampled at 17 European breeding sites across a migratory divide. A cluster analysis of ringing recoveries showed remarkable connectivity between breeding and non-breeding grounds. Two main clusters repres ...
- Tøttrup, Anders P.; Thorup, Kasper
- Journal für Ornithologie 2008 v.149 no.2 pp. 161-167
- migratory behavior, etc ; Passeriformes; breeding; climate change; females; gender differences; males; mating behavior; phenology; population dynamics; protandry; songbirds; spring; Northern European region; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... This study aims to investigate causes and mechanisms controlling protandrous migration patterns (the earlier breeding area arrival of males relative to females) and inter-sexual differences in timing of migration in relation to the recent climate-driven changes in phenology. Using standardised ringing data from a single site for eight North European migratory passerines collected throughout 22 yea ...