Jump to Main Content
- Baldwin, Thomas T.; Zitomer, Nicholas C.; Mitchell, Trevor R.; Zimeri, Anne-Marie; Bacon, Charles W.; Riley, Ronald T.; Glenn, Anthony E.
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2014 v.62 pp. 2118-2125
- Gibberella fujikuroi; Zea mays; blight; corn; fumonisin B1; fungal diseases of plants; leaves; mutants; roots; seedlings; soil sampling
- ... Fusarium verticillioides produces fumonisin mycotoxins during the colonization of maize, and fumonisin B1 (FB1) production is necessary for manifestation of maize seedling blight disease. The objective of this study was to address FB1 mobility and accumulation in seedlings to determine if proximal infection by F. verticillioides is necessary for FB1 accumulation. Taking advantage of an aconidial m ...
- 10.1021/jf5001106 1
- Engström, Marcia T.; Pälijärvi, Maija; Fryganas, Christos; Grabber, John H.; Mueller-Harvey, Irene; Salminen, Juha-Pekka
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2014 v.62 pp. 3390
- depolymerization; electric power; liquid chromatography; plant extracts; polymerization; polymers; proanthocyanidins; procyanidins; quantitative analysis; rapid methods; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... This paper presents the development of a rapid method with ultraperformance liquid chromatography−tandem mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS) for the qualitative and quantitative analyses of plant proanthocyanidins directly from crude plant extracts. The method utilizes a range of cone voltages to achieve the depolymerization step in the ion source of both smaller oligomers and larger polymers. The form ...