Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Jie; Liu, Ran; Li, Yan
- Journal of Arid Land 2017 v.9 no.1 pp. 13-26
- arid lands; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon sinks; cotton; ecosystems; gardens; halophytes; hops; land cover; soil temperature; China
- ... As an important component of ecosystem carbon (C) budgets, soil carbon dioxide (CO₂) flux is determined by a combination of a series of biotic and abiotic processes. Although there is evidence showing that the abiotic component can be important in total soil CO₂ flux (R ₜₒₜₐₗ), its relative importance has never been systematically assessed. In this study, after comparative measurements of CO₂ flux ...
- Zhang, Meng; Li, Xiaobing; Wang, Hong; Deng, Fei; Li, Xu; Mi, Xue
- Journal of Arid Land 2017 v.9 no.1 pp. 38-50
- Elymus dahuricus subsp. dahuricus; Medicago sativa; air temperature; arid lands; carbon; carbon sinks; case studies; climatic factors; ecosystem respiration; ecosystems; emissions; grasslands; land use change; meteorological data; regression analysis; relative humidity; soil organic matter; soil respiration; soil temperature; soil water; China
- ... With increasingly intensifying degradation of natural grasslands and rapidly increasing demand of high quality forages, natural grasslands in China have been converted into planted grasslands at an unprecedented rate and the magnitude of the conversion in Inner Mongolia is among the national highest where the areal extent of planted grasslands ranks the second in China. Such land-use changes (i.e. ...