Jump to Main Content
- Yue, Xiangfei; Zhang, Tonghui; Zhao, Xueyong; Liu, Xinping; Ma, Yunhua
- Journal of Arid Land 2016 v.8 no.3 pp. 389-398
- aboveground biomass; annuals; arid lands; belowground biomass; dry environmental conditions; growing season; plant height; prediction; rain; rain intensity; soil; spatial distribution; China
- ... Growth of annual plants in arid environments depends largely on rainfall pulses. An increased understanding of the effects of different rainfall patterns on plant growth is critical to predicting the potential responses of plants to the changes in rainfall regimes, such as rainfall intensity and duration, and length of dry intervals. In this study, we investigated the effects of different rainfall ...
- Tian, Zheng; Wu, Xiuqin; Dai, Erfu; Zhao, Dongsheng
- Journal of Arid Land 2016 v.8 no.3 pp. 364-374
- aboveground biomass; arid lands; carbon sequestration; databases; ecosystems; grasslands; humans; issues and policy; models; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; plant height; range management; regression analysis; soil organic carbon; vegetation cover; China
- ... Grassland ecosystem is an important component of the terrestrial carbon cycle system. Clear comprehension of soil organic carbon (SOC) storage and potential of grasslands is very important for the effective management of grassland ecosystems. Grasslands in Inner Mongolia have undergone evident impacts from human activities and natural factors in recent decades. To explore the changes of carbon seq ...