Jump to Main Content
- Jałoszyński, Paweł
- Journal of Asia-Pacific entomology 2017 v.20 no.2 pp. 429-435
- elytra, etc ; Staphylinidae; adults; body length; head; males; new species; Africa; Australia; New Caledonia; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Cephennomicrus Reitter is a large genus of the cephenniine ant-like stone beetles (Staphylinidae: Scydmaeninae) distributed in the Afrotropical, Oriental, Australia and South Pacific. Adults of most species do not reach 1mm of body length; they are rarely collected, and typically only male characters are useful for species diagnoses; for those reasons systematics of this genus is a challenging tas ...
- Songvorawit, Nut; Butcher, Buntika Areekul; Chaisuekul, Chatchawan
- Journal of Asia-Pacific entomology 2017 v.20 no.3 pp. 835-839
- elytra, etc ; Aegus; Chelifer; allometry; body size; dimorphism; evolution; forest habitats; forests; insects; linear models; males; morphs; Thailand; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Many insects, including stag beetles, possess exaggerated structures and these structures usually grow disproportionately with their body size. Allometry, i.e. the scaling relationship between such traits and other body parts (used as proxies of body size in a species), can provide valuable information about development and evolution. We examined males of Aegus chelifer chelifer, a stag beetle fro ...