Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Ju Hyeon, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of Asia-Pacific entomology 2015 v.18 no.3 pp. 369-375
- Macrotermes; Microtermes; RNA; active sites; beta-glucosidase; cattle manure; cellulolytic microorganisms; cellulose; cellulose 1,4-beta-cellobiosidase; diet; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzyme activity; expressed sequence tags; gene expression; genes; habitats; phylogeny; suppression subtractive hybridization; tissues; wood
- ... To investigate the expression profiles of cellulase genes in termites due to differences in habitat and diet, we collected one species (Microtermes pakistanicus) from dry wood, one species (Macrotermes gilvus) from rotten damp wood and one species (Microtermes sp.) from cow dung. Total RNA was extracted from the hind guts containing paunch and from other tissues from each collected species and use ...
- Kim, Ju Hyeon, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of Asia-Pacific entomology 2015 v.18 no.3 pp. 377-382
- Pediculus humanus capitis; endosymbionts; genes; genetic variation; head; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; nucleotide sequences; single nucleotide polymorphism; transcriptome
- ... The body louse (Pediculus humanus humanus) is known to have diverged from the head louse (P. humanus capitis) but genomic differences between these two subspecies still remain unexplored. To compare genomic profiles between head and body lice, whole genome sequences of head lice were determined by next generation sequencing methods based on both Illumina Genome analyzer and Roche GS FLX pyrosequen ...