Jump to Main Content
- Du, Guan-Hua, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of Asian natural products research 2012 v.14 no.1 pp. 46-54
- aorta; calcium; calcium channels; formononetin; glibenclamide; nitric oxide; norepinephrine; potassium channels; potassium chloride; rats; vasodilation
- ... The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of formononetin and the related mechanisms on isolated rat thoracic aorta. Formononetin concentration dependently relaxed aortic rings precontracted with norepinephrine (NE, 1 μM) or KCl (80 mM). Pretreatment with formononetin noncompetitively inhibited contractile responses of aortas to NE and KCl. The vasorelaxant effect of formonone ...
- Du, Guan-Hua, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of Asian natural products research 2011 v.13 no.10 pp. 884-894
- Salvia; active ingredients; advanced glycation end products; animal disease models; aorta; blood coagulation factors; blood serum; cell viability; diabetes mellitus; endothelial nitric oxide synthase; high fat diet; intraperitoneal injection; malondialdehyde; oxidation; oxidative stress; protective effect; rats; salvianolic acid; streptozotocin
- ... Salvianolic acid A (SalA) is one of the main active ingredients of Salvia miltiorrhizae. The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of SalA on the diabetic vascular endothelial dysfunction (VED). The rats were given a high-fat and high-sucrose diet for 1 month followed by intraperitoneal injection of streptozotocin (30 mg/kg). The diabetic rats were treated with SalA (1 mg/kg, 90% puri ...