Jump to Main Content
- Bai, Jiafeng; Jia, Xuewei; Chen, Yichang; Ning, Zhengxing; Hu, Zhizhong; Liu, Shaohua; Xu, Chunping
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2018 v.8 no.6 pp. 344-351
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; agarose; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; aqueous solutions; arabinose; ethanol; flue-cured tobacco; galactose; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; glucose; industrial applications; mannose; molecular weight; refractive index
- ... A new polysaccharides fraction (PSF) was isolated from the extraction of flue-cured tobacco stem with hot water and purified through ethanol precipitation, deproteinization and Sepharose CL-6B column chromatography. Structural features of PSF were elucidated by a combination of FT-IR and GC-MS. The results revealed that PSF was heteropolysaccharide mainly consisted of mannose, arabinose, galactose ...
- Hanania, Michel; Radwan, Sireen; Karmi, Eman
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2018 v.8 no.2 pp. 137-143
- Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Lupinus albus; Staphylococcus aureus; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; ethanol; fluorescence recovery after photobleaching; iron; minerals; phenolic compounds; potassium; rutin; seeds; soaking; sodium; solid phase extraction; titration; Palestine
- ... In this paper, extraction methods for bitter Lupinus albus seeds are described. Samples were either soaked with water (thereafter soaked) or used without soaking (thereafter unsoaked) and were exposed to Soxhlet extraction using commercial ethanol (∼95%), 80%, 70%, 60% and 50% ethanol. Yields of extractions were 12.5%, 23.9%, 12.6%, 16.1% and 16.6% for soaked samples, and 11.6%, 20.9%, 19.3%, 20.5 ...