Jump to Main Content
- Mahboubi, Mohaddese
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2016 v.6 no.1 pp. 78-83
- Varthemia; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; ethanol; flavonoids; industry; inhibitory concentration 50; methanol; screening; Iran
- ... Varthemia persica DC (Asteraceae) is an aromatic plant that grows wild in central parts of Iran. The aim of this study was to evaluate the antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of V. persica extracts in vitro , also, the relation between the total phenolic (TPC) and flavonoid contents (TFC) of each extract and its antimicrobial and antioxidant activities. The amount of TPC and TFC was higher in V ...
- Manjulatha, K.; Gul, Mir Z.; Imam, Nasir; Ghazi, Irfan A.; Setty, Oruganti H
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2016 v.6 no.1 pp. 65-77
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Clerodendrum inerme; antioxidant activity; clinical trials; cold; drug formulations; ethanol; flavonoids; free radical scavengers; functional foods; hydrogen peroxide; in vitro studies; inhibitory concentration 50; leaf extracts; lipid peroxidation; medicinal plants; phytopharmaceuticals; polyphenols; screening
- ... Medicinal plants are excellent sources for phytochemicals, mostly polyphenols, flavonoids which exhibit high antioxidant activity. The therapeutic efficacy of these antioxidants for specific pharmacological actions has also been established by experimental and clinical studies. The aim of this study was to investigate the phytochemical and antioxidant properties of different parts of Clerodendrum ...