Jump to Main Content
- Panda, Vandana; Kharat, Pravin; Sudhamani, S.
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2015 v.5 no.3 pp. 178-191
- Macrotyloma uniflorum; alanine transaminase; albumins; alkaline phosphatase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; aspartate transaminase; beans; bilirubin; blood serum; catalase; drugs; ethanol; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; hepatoprotective effect; hepatotoxicity; lipid peroxidation; liver; malondialdehyde; oral administration; rats; seeds; silymarin; superoxide dismutase; triacylglycerols; India
- ... Macrotyloma uniflorum is a lesser known bean consumed as a whole seed or sprout in India. The protective effect of a hydroalcoholic extract of the seeds of Macrotyloma uniflorum (MUSE) in ethanol-induced hepatotoxicity was investigated in rats. Liver damage was induced in rats by administering ethanol (4 g/kg, 20 % w/v p.o.) once daily for 21 days. MUSE (250 mg/kg and 500 mg/kg) and the reference ...
- Sundareswaran, Loganathan; Sheeladevi, Rathinasamy
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2015 v.5 no.3 pp. 223-233
- Scoparia dulcis; adhesion; antioxidants; corticosterone; innate immunity; neutrophils; nitric oxide; rats; superoxide dismutase; tetrazolium
- ... The objective of this study is to find out 1) sub-acute noise stress effects on neutrophil functions and 2) to examine the effect of Scoparia dulcis as an immunomodulatory and anti-stressor agent. Four groups of rats were used control, control fed with Scoparia, noise-stress exposed, noise-stress exposed fed with Scoparia. Blood was used for the assessment of Nitro blue tetrazolium reduction test ...