Jump to Main Content
- Panda, Vandana; Kharat, Pravin; Sudhamani, S.
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2015 v.5 no.3 pp. 178-191
- Macrotyloma uniflorum; alanine transaminase; albumins; alkaline phosphatase; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; aspartate transaminase; beans; bilirubin; blood serum; catalase; drugs; ethanol; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; hepatoprotective effect; hepatotoxicity; lipid peroxidation; liver; malondialdehyde; oral administration; rats; seeds; silymarin; superoxide dismutase; triacylglycerols; India
- ... Macrotyloma uniflorum is a lesser known bean consumed as a whole seed or sprout in India. The protective effect of a hydroalcoholic extract of the seeds of Macrotyloma uniflorum (MUSE) in ethanol-induced hepatotoxicity was investigated in rats. Liver damage was induced in rats by administering ethanol (4 g/kg, 20 % w/v p.o.) once daily for 21 days. MUSE (250 mg/kg and 500 mg/kg) and the reference ...
- Jamdhade, Vijay C.; Tembhurne, S.V.; Kamble, Suresh; Surwase, Babasaheb S.
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2015 v.5 no.2 pp. 150-162
- DNA damage; Taverniera; acidity; albino; antioxidant activity; ethanol; free radical scavengers; methanol; models; nitric oxide; pylorus; rats; roots; solvents; stomach ulcers; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances
- ... To investigate the gastro protective and antioxidant activities of methanolic extract of Taverniera cuneifolia (Roth) Arn. Gastric ulcers were produced by administration of ethanol and pylorus ligation in albino Wister rats. Free radical scavenging activity was evaluated by using DPPH, Nitric oxide, DNA Damage Scavenging methods. Taverniera cuneifolia extract treated group decreased the dose depen ...