Jump to Main Content
- Hashem, Fahima M.; Massoud, Ahmad M. A.; Melokheya, Abdullah M.; Emad, Hazem; Abd El-Fattah Badr, Kamal; Dawoud, Mohamed
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 72-86
- Schistosoma mansoni; alcohols; drug formulations; drugs; gelatin; hexane; maceration; schistosomiasis
- ... The development of myrrh extract from natural origin capable of eradication of schistosomal infections has gained the interest of many scientists. Recently; myrrh extract is considered as the drug of choice from natural origin used to treat Schistosomiasis. This work includes the preparation of myrrh extract by maceration and the formulation of these extracts in hard gelatin capsules as a pharmace ...
- Shukla, Shruti; Mehta, Archana; Bajpai, Vivek K.
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 56-63
- Stevia rebaudiana; alcohols; alkaloids; anthelmintics; antifungal properties; death; earthworms; glycosides; growth retardation; leaf extracts; leaves; minimum inhibitory concentration; paralysis; phytopharmaceuticals; plant pathogenic fungi; screening; steroids
- ... The aim of this study was to assess the phytochemical screening of various extracts of Stevia rebaudiana leaves. Further, the alcohol and aqueous extracts were subjected to determine their in vitro anthelmintic and antifungal activities against P. posthuma and A. galli earthworms as well as plant pathogenic fungi B. cinerea and F. oxysporum , respectively. The alcoholic and aqueous extracts of S. ...