Jump to Main Content
- Joshi, Rakesh Kumar
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 97-100
- Candida albicans; Candida glabrata; Tanacetum; acetates; antifungal properties; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; oils; India
- ... The essential oil of Tanacetum longifolium Wall. (syn. Tanacetum dolichophyllum (Kitam.) traditionally used in preparation of incense and fragrant materials by the local inhabitants in Uttarakhand. T. longifolium Wall. was shown to possess trans -sabinyl acetate (43.2 %) and trans -sabinol (12.7 %) as major constituents by GC-MS analysis. The antifungal activity of the oils was performed against C ...
- Menaceur, Fouad; Benchabane, Ahmed; Hazzit, Mohamed; Baaliouamer, Aoumeur
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 87-96
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Juniperus phoenicea; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; essential oils; ethanol; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; microwave treatment; quercetin; small fruits; solvents
- ... Essential oils of Algerian Juniperus phoenicea L. obtained from leaves and berries by hydrodistillation (HD) and from berries by Solvent Free Microwave Assisted Extraction (SFMAE) were investigated using both capillary GC and GC-MS techniques. The monoterpene hydrocarbons constituted the most prominent group of constituents (43.2-86.5 %) in the three essential oils with α-pinene (34.4-80.8 %) as t ...