Jump to Main Content
- Menaceur, Fouad; Benchabane, Ahmed; Hazzit, Mohamed; Baaliouamer, Aoumeur
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 87-96
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Juniperus phoenicea; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; essential oils; ethanol; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; microwave treatment; quercetin; small fruits; solvents
- ... Essential oils of Algerian Juniperus phoenicea L. obtained from leaves and berries by hydrodistillation (HD) and from berries by Solvent Free Microwave Assisted Extraction (SFMAE) were investigated using both capillary GC and GC-MS techniques. The monoterpene hydrocarbons constituted the most prominent group of constituents (43.2-86.5 %) in the three essential oils with α-pinene (34.4-80.8 %) as t ...
- Semnani, Shahrzad Nasiri; Rahnema, Mehdi; Alizadeh, Hamed; Ghasempour, Hassan
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 64-71
- Eucalyptus; Euphorbia cyparissias; Salmonella Typhi; acetone; agar; anti-infective properties; cell culture; ethanol; macrophages; methanol; mice; minimum inhibitory concentration; quercitrin; typhoid fever
- ... Typhoid fever is a disease caused by Salmonella typhi (S. typhi) and one of the most important enteric infectious diseases in the world. Euphorbia cyparissias extracts showed antidiarrhoeic activity and a flavonoid, quercitrin, was isolated from this plant.This study evaluated on antimicrobial effects of Euphorbia cyparissias extracts against intramarophges S. typhi . Euphorbia cyparissias extract ...