Jump to Main Content
- Mahboubi, Mohaddese; Kazempour, Nastaran; Taghizadeh, Mohsen
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.4 pp. 241-247
- Vaccinium arctostaphylos; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; antiseptics; ethanol; ethyl acetate; flavonoids; fruits; inhibitory concentration 50; leaves; methanol; perennials; urinary tract diseases
- ... V. arctostaphylos or “Qare-Qat” is a perennial plant from Ericaceae family has traditionally used as antiseptic for treatment of some infections such as urinary tract infections. This study evaluate the antimicrobial activity of V. arctostaphylos extracts (aqueous, ethanol, methanol and ethyl acetate) from leaves and fruits and total phenolic and flavonoid content of these extracts and their relat ...
- Menaceur, Fouad; Benchabane, Ahmed; Hazzit, Mohamed; Baaliouamer, Aoumeur
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 87-96
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Juniperus phoenicea; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; essential oils; ethanol; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; microwave treatment; quercetin; small fruits; solvents
- ... Essential oils of Algerian Juniperus phoenicea L. obtained from leaves and berries by hydrodistillation (HD) and from berries by Solvent Free Microwave Assisted Extraction (SFMAE) were investigated using both capillary GC and GC-MS techniques. The monoterpene hydrocarbons constituted the most prominent group of constituents (43.2-86.5 %) in the three essential oils with α-pinene (34.4-80.8 %) as t ...