Jump to Main Content
- Kennouche, A.; Benkaci-Ali, F.; Scholl, G.; Eppe, G.
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2015 v.5 no.1 pp. 1-11
- Aspergillus carbonarius; Bacillus subtilis; Candida albicans; Enterobacter cloacae; Escherichia coli; Fusarium culmorum; Staphylococcus aureus; Syzygium aromaticum; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; carbon dioxide; chemical composition; cloves; energy; essential oils; eugenol; heat; humans; hydrodistillation; microwave treatment; oils; steam distillation
- ... In this present study, we evaluated composition, antimicrobial and antioxidant activity of clove essential oil. Volatile oils of Eugenia caryophyllata were isolated from cloves after cryogrinding by three methods, conventional hydrodistillation (HD), microwave assisted extraction (MAE) and microwave steam distillation (MSD). The results show that the MAE and MSD techniques constitutes the adequate ...
- Menaceur, Fouad; Benchabane, Ahmed; Hazzit, Mohamed; Baaliouamer, Aoumeur
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 87-96
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Juniperus phoenicea; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; essential oils; ethanol; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; microwave treatment; quercetin; small fruits; solvents
- ... Essential oils of Algerian Juniperus phoenicea L. obtained from leaves and berries by hydrodistillation (HD) and from berries by Solvent Free Microwave Assisted Extraction (SFMAE) were investigated using both capillary GC and GC-MS techniques. The monoterpene hydrocarbons constituted the most prominent group of constituents (43.2-86.5 %) in the three essential oils with α-pinene (34.4-80.8 %) as t ...