Jump to Main Content
- Vollmar, Lindsay; McIntosh, Christopher R.; Bossenbroek, Jonathan
- Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy 2015 v.4 no.3 pp. 223-237
- baitfish; baiting; certification; contingent valuation; fish kills; funding; game fish; septicemia; surveys; willingness to pay; Great Lakes; Great Lakes region; Michigan
- ... The threat of viral haemorrhagic septicaemia (VHS) to the sport fish of the Great Lakes region has caused the state of Michigan to regulate some types of fishing bait that could spread the disease. Given large-scale fish kills from VHS are uncertain and regulation costly, it is important to consider the knowledge level of anglers and their estimated benefits from these regulations. About 75% of an ...
- Mwebaze, Paul; Bennett, Jeff
- Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy 2015 v.4 no.3 pp. 238-258
- confidence interval; contingent valuation; cost benefit analysis; databases; issues and policy; resource allocation; society; surveys; willingness to pay; Australia
- ... Biological collections may be underutilised because of transaction costs incurred in their use. One way to reduce transaction costs and foster greater utilisation of biological collections that could benefit society is through the creation of a virtual central database of biological collections, available online. The objective of this paper is to estimate the benefits of this policy change using a ...