Jump to Main Content
- Koirala, Bishwa S.; Mysami, Ramin C.
- Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy 2015 v.4 no.3 pp. 304-314
- carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; economic development; emissions; environmental policy; forest fires; forest resources; forests; per-capita income; United States
- ... This paper investigates the net effect of forest resources on the emission of CO ₂ while testing the EKC hypothesis for CO ₂ at the county level in the US. Using a county-level data obtained from the Vulcan Project and employing a weighted lag-dependent variable of CO ₂ emissions, an inverted-U-shaped relationship between income and emissions of CO ₂ per capita is detected in the US. However, the ...
- Yaduma, Natina; Kortelainen, Mika; Wossink, Ada
- Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy 2015 v.4 no.3 pp. 278-303
- carbon dioxide; economic development; greenhouse gas emissions; regression analysis; Africa; East Asia; Europe; Latin America; West Asia
- ... This paper applies the quantile fixed effects technique in exploring the CO ₂ environmental Kuznets curve within two groups of economic development (OECD and non-OECD countries) and six geographical regions – West, East Europe, Latin America, East Asia, West Asia and Africa. A comparison of the findings resulting from the use of this technique with those of conventional fixed effects method reveal ...