Jump to Main Content
- Helmers, Matthew J.; Zhou, Xiaobo; Asbjornsen, Heidi; Kolka, Randy; Tomer, Mark D.; Cruse, Richard M.
- Journal of Environmental Quality 2012 v.41 no.5 pp. 1531
- Bromus; Glycine max; Zea mays; agricultural land; agricultural runoff; agricultural watersheds; corn; crop rotation; disturbed soils; filter strips; no-tillage; sediment yield; sediments; trapping; vegetation cover; wet environmental conditions; Iowa
- ... Twelve small watersheds in central Iowa were used to evaluate the effectiveness of prairie filter strips (PFS) in trapping sediment from agricultural runoff . Four treatments with PFS of different size and location (100% rowcrop, 10% PFS of total watershed area at footslope, 10% PFS at footslope and in contour strips, 20% PFS at footslope and in contour strips) arranged in a balanced incomplete bl ...