Jump to Main Content
- Kotik, Michael; Zhao, Wei; Iacazio, Gilles; Archelas, Alain
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis. B, Enzymatic 2013 v.91 pp. 44-51
- amino acid substitution; amino acids; binding sites; catalytic activity; directed evolution; enantiomers; epoxide hydrolase; models; mutagenesis; temperature
- ... We performed a directed evolution study with a metagenome-derived epoxide hydrolase (EH), termed Kau2. Homology models of Kau2 were built; we selected one of them and used it as a guide for saturation mutagenesis experiments targeted at specific residues within the large substrate binding pocket. During the molecular evolution process, we found several enzyme variants with higher enantioselectivit ...
- Sharma, Richa; Verma, Ved Vrat; Gupta, Rani
- Journal of Molecular Catalysis. B, Enzymatic 2013 v.91 pp. 8-16
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; aminopeptidases; casein; catalytic activity; esters; feathers; fibrin; hemoglobin; keratin; models; pH; plasminogen; proteinases; serine; temperature
- ... A keratin degrading protease, Ker AP sharing peptide homology with putative aminopeptidase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa was cloned and expressed as an extracellular protein using pEZZ18-Escherichia coli HB101. It was a serine hydrolase with pH and temperature optima of pH 10 and 60°C. It had a t1/2 of 20.50min at 70°C. It hydrolyzed various complex proteins such as fibrin, hemoglobin, feather and c ...