Jump to Main Content
- Loei Hendrick; Tan Hwee Tong; Lim Teck Kwang; Lim Kiat Hon; So Jimmy Bok-Yan; Yeoh Khay Guan; Chung Maxey C. M.
- Journal of Proteome Research 2012 v.11 no.3 pp. 1759-1772
- biomarkers; blood serum; cell lines; databases; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; exosomes; gene expression regulation; immunohistochemistry; liquid chromatography; patients; prediction; prognosis; protein secretion; proteins; proteome; signal peptide; stomach neoplasms; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... Gastric cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide, and currently, there are no clinically relevant biomarkers for gastric cancer diagnosis or prognosis. In this study, we applied a 2D-LC-MS/MS based approach, in combination with iTRAQ labeling, to study the secretomes of the gastric cancer cell lines AGS and MKN7. By performing a comparative analysis between the conditioned med ...
- Liu Bin; Zheng Ying; Wang Tong-Dan; Xu Han-Zhang; Xia Li; Zhang Jian; Wu Ying-Li; Chen Guo-Qiang; Wang Li-Shun
- Journal of Proteome Research 2012 v.11 no.3 pp. 1773-1781
- F-box proteins; cell lines; databases; glycoproteins; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; mutants; proteomics; ubiquitin-protein ligase; ubiquitination
- ... FBOX6 ubiquitin ligase complex is involved in the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation pathway by mediating the ubiquitination of glycoproteins. FBXO6 interacts with the chitobiose in unfolded N-glycoprotein, pointing glycoproteins toward E2 for ubiquitination. Although the glycoprotein-recognizing mechanism of FBXO6 is well documented, its bona fide interacting glycoproteins are largely u ...