Jump to Main Content
- Yumimoto Kanae; Matsumoto Masaki; Oyamada Koji; Moroishi Toshiro; Nakayama Keiichi I.
- Journal of Proteome Research 2012 v.11 no.6 pp. 3175-3185
- F-box proteins; enzyme substrates; proteome; proteomics; screening; ubiquitin-protein ligase
- ... Although elucidation of enzyme–substrate relations is fundamental to the advancement of biology, universal approaches to the identification of substrates for a given enzyme have not been established. It is especially difficult to identify substrates for ubiquitin ligases, given that most such substrates are immediately ubiquitylated and degraded as a result of their association with the enzyme. We ...
- Liu Bin; Zheng Ying; Wang Tong-Dan; Xu Han-Zhang; Xia Li; Zhang Jian; Wu Ying-Li; Chen Guo-Qiang; Wang Li-Shun
- Journal of Proteome Research 2012 v.11 no.3 pp. 1773-1781
- F-box proteins; cell lines; databases; glycoproteins; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; mutants; proteomics; ubiquitin-protein ligase; ubiquitination
- ... FBOX6 ubiquitin ligase complex is involved in the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation pathway by mediating the ubiquitination of glycoproteins. FBXO6 interacts with the chitobiose in unfolded N-glycoprotein, pointing glycoproteins toward E2 for ubiquitination. Although the glycoprotein-recognizing mechanism of FBXO6 is well documented, its bona fide interacting glycoproteins are largely u ...