Jump to Main Content
- Szacawa, Ewelina; Szymańska-Czerwińska, Monika; Niemczuk, Krzysztof; Dudek, Katarzyna; Woźniakowski, Grzegorz; Bednarek, Dariusz
- Journal of Veterinary Research 2016 v.60 no.4 pp. 391-397
- DNA; Mycoplasma bovirhinis; Mycoplasma bovis; Ureaplasma diversum; bacteria; cattle; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; genes; herds; mutation; nose; pathogens; phylogeny; pneumonia; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; sequence analysis
- ... Introduction: Mycoplasma bovis is one of the main pathogens involved in cattle pneumonia. Other mycoplasmas have also been directly implicated in respiratory diseases in cattle. The prevalence of different Mycoplasma spp. in cattle affected by respiratory diseases and molecular characteristics of M. bovis field strains were evaluated. Material and Methods: In total, 713 nasal swabs from 73 cattle ...
- Dors, Arkadiusz; Kowalczyk, Andrzej; Pomorska-Mól, Małgorzata
- Journal of Veterinary Research 2016 v.60 no.3 pp. 253-256
- Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae 2; agar; bacteria; biosynthesis; detection limit; financial economics; genes; herds; lungs; nose; pleuropneumonia; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; serotypes; swine; tonsils
- ... Introduction: Porcine pleuropneumonia inflicts important economic losses on most commercial herds. Detection of subclinical or chronic infection in animals still remains a challenge, as isolation and identification of A. pleuropneumoniae serotypes is difficult and quantification of the bacteria on agar plates is often almost impossible. The aim of the study was to develop and evaluate a serotype-s ...