Jump to Main Content
- Ni, Mi; Wu, Qiong; Wang, Hong-li; Liu, Wei-cheng; Hu, Bin; Zhang, Dian-peng; Zhao, Juan; Liu, De-wen; Lu, Cai-ge
- Journal of Zhejiang University 2019 v.20 no.1 pp. 84-94
- Monilinia fructicola; Streptomyces blastmyceticus; biological control; chitinase; culture media; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; median effective concentration; peaches; physicochemical properties; proteinases; temperature; toxicity testing; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Peach brown rot, caused by Monilinia fructicola, is one of the most serious peach diseases. A strain belonging to the Actinomycetales, named Streptomyces blastmyceticus JZB130180, was found to have a strong inhibitory effect on M. fructicola in confrontation culture. Following the inoculation of peaches in vitro, it was revealed that the fermentation broth of S. blastmyceticus JZB130180 had a sign ...
- Quah, Yixian; Mohd Ismail, Nor Ismaliza; Ooi, Jillian Lean Sim; Affendi, Yang Amri; Abd Manan, Fazilah; Teh, Lai-Kuan; Wong, Fai-Chu; Chai, Tsun-Thai
- Journal of Zhejiang University 2019 v.20 no.1 pp. 59-70
- Sarcophyton; chymotrypsin; corals; cytotoxicity; fluorouracil; gel chromatography; human cell lines; humans; hydrolysates; median effective concentration; oligopeptides; papain; purification methods; reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography; solid phase extraction; subtilisin; trypsin; ultrafiltration; uterine cervical neoplasms
- ... Globally, peptide-based anticancer therapies have drawn much attention. Marine organisms are a reservoir of anticancer peptides that await discovery. In this study, we aimed to identify cytotoxic oligopeptides from Sarcophyton glaucum. Peptides were purified from among the S. glaucum hydrolysates produced by alcalase, chymotrypsin, papain, and trypsin, guided by a methylthiazolyldiphenyl-tetrazoli ...