Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Mei-lin; Yang, Huan-yi; He, Guo-qing
- Journal of Zhejiang University 2017 v.18 no.12 pp. 1101-1112
- Ganoderma lucidum; antineoplastic activity; apoptosis; breast neoplasms; bromides; caspase-3; caspase-8; colorectal neoplasms; cytochrome c; cytotoxicity; daidzein; epithelial cells; gastric mucosa; genes; genistein; human cell lines; humans; interphase; metabolites; mitochondria; neoplasm cells; pro-apoptotic proteins; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; slurries; soybeans; transcription factor NF-kappa B; viability
- ... Soybean isoflavones have been one of the potential preventive candidates for antitumor research in recent years. In this paper, we first studied the transformation of soybean isoflavones with the homogenized slurry of Ganoderma lucidum. The resultant transformed products (TSI) contained (703.21±4.35) mg/g of genistein, with transformed rates of 96.63% and 87.82% of daidzein and genistein, respecti ...
- PubMed Central:
- Guo, Xi-han; Ni, Juan; Xue, Jing-lun; Wang, Xu
- Journal of Zhejiang University 2017 v.18 no.12 pp. 1031-1045
- Phyllanthus emblica; antineoplastic activity; apoptosis; cell proliferation; cisplatin; clones; colorectal neoplasms; drug therapy; fruit extracts; functional foods; genome; genomics; genotoxicity; micronucleus tests; mitomycin; mitosis; neoplasm cells; risk reduction; traditional medicine
- ... OBJECTIVE: Fruit of Phyllanthus emblica Linn. (PE) is widely consumed as a functional food and used as a folk medicine due to its remarkable nutritional and pharmacological effects. Mitomycin C (MMC) and cisplatin (cDDP) are the most widely used forms of chemotherapeutic drug, but their clinical use is limited by their genotoxicity to normal cells. We aimed to determine whether PE has potential to ...
- PubMed Central: