Jump to Main Content
- Collantes, Fernando
- Journal of agrarian change 2019 v.19 no.2 pp. 295-318
- capitalism; dairy industry; markets; politics; Spain
- ... Conventional wisdom has it that the food economy has transitioned from organized to disorganized capitalism. An era of extensive state intervention between around 1930 and 1980 would have been followed by an era of deregulation and increasing coordination through markets after around 1980. This article uses the case of Spain's dairy chain to propose an alternative view. In the case under study, th ...
- Fernández‐Zarza, Mario; Amaya‐Corchuelo, Santiago; Aguilar Criado, Encarnación
- Journal of agrarian change 2019 v.19 no.2 pp. 361-379
- certification; chorizo; ham; protected designation of origin; public policy; Mexico; Spain
- ... This study analyses the role of private and/or public institutions on achieving success in projects aiming to obtain certification labels for local food products. This analysis is performed through comparative framework provided by 2 specific study cases; 1 from Mexico, based on the production of a type of traditional spicy pork sausage, or chorizo, and another from Spain, on the production of Ibe ...