Jump to Main Content
- Colin, Jean‐Philippe
- Journal of agrarian change 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 144-165
- property rights, etc ; farmers; sales; trees; Cote d'Ivoire; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... This paper tackles the broad issue of agrarian contracts, property rights and conflicts in the context of rural Côte d'Ivoire. Since the beginning of the 2000s, a new type of contractual arrangement has been developing rapidly: the ‘Plant & Share’ contract. Through such a contract, a landowner provides the land to a farmer who develops a perennial tree crop plantation; when production starts, the ...
- Whitfield, Lindsay
- Journal of agrarian change 2017 v.17 no.3 pp. 535-556
- property rights, etc ; agribusiness; business enterprises; capital; capitalism; exports; farmers; marketing; pineapples; Africa; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... With the global restructuring of agri‐food markets since the 1980s, an impressive amount of scholarship has examined its impacts in African countries. However, little has been written on the emergence of local medium and large‐scale commercial farmers selling to export companies or controlling their own export marketing arrangements. This article examines Ghanaian commercial farmers producing and ...