Jump to Main Content
- Fassò, Alessandro; Finazzi, Francesco; Ndongo, Ferdinand
- Journal of agricultural, biological, and environmental statistics 2016 v.21 no.3 pp. 492-511
- air quality; algorithms; at-risk population; carbon monoxide; data collection; human population; models; monitoring; nitrogen dioxide; ozone; particulates; pollutants; population distribution; temporal variation; uncertainty; Europe
- ... In this paper, we estimate the distribution of population by exposure to multiple airborne pollutants, taking into account the spatio-temporal variability of daily air quality and the high-resolution spatial spread of human population around Europe. In particular, we consider monitoring network data for five pollutants, namely carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, ozone, coarse and fine particulate m ...
- Mateu, J.; Porcu, E.
- Journal of agricultural, biological, and environmental statistics 2016 v.21 no.3 pp. 403-406
- chlorophyll; human population; macroalgae; mathematics; pollutants; statistical analysis; temperature; topography; Chile; Europe; Nile River
- ... Seismomatics is the fusion of mathematics, statistics, physics and data mining at the service of those scientific disciplines interested in the space–time analysis of natural or anthropogenic catastrophes. This special issue on seismomatics has been motivated by a conference of the same name, which took place in Valparaiso (Chile) from 5th to 9th of January 2015. The selection of papers comprises ...