Jump to Main Content
- Adamides, George; Stylianou, Andreas
- Journal of agricultural & food information 2018 v.19 no.4 pp. 362-376
- educational status; farmers; information sources; mountains; radio; rural areas
- ... The goal of this study was to evaluate a radio program as a source of agricultural information and examine the relationship between specific socioeconomic characteristics and listenership. The findings revealed that half of the farmers listen to the radio program, while older farmers are more likely to be listeners. Moreover, there are no significant differences between listeners and nonlisteners ...
- Badiru, Idris Olabode; Akpabio, Nsikakabasi
- Journal of agricultural & food information 2018 v.19 no.4 pp. 377-386
- farmers; finance; income; radio; Nigeria
- ... This study examined farmers' utilization of the Utom Inwang agricultural program on Atlantic 104.5 FM radio station. Data on listenership, utilization and constraints to utilization of information aired on the program were obtained from 150 randomly selected farmers. Although more of the respondents (53.3%) had a low listenership status, utilization of information was high (54.7%). Constraints to ...