Jump to Main Content
- Li, Yadong; Jin, Qian; Yang, Desong; Cui, Jianghu
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.16 pp. 4013-4021
- Oryza sativa; abiotic stress; antioxidants; aquaporins; biomass; cell division; chlorophyll; enzyme activity; genes; germination; lipid peroxidation; malondialdehyde; molybdenum; molybdenum disulfide; nitrogen; photosynthesis; rice; roots; seeds; shoots
- ... Molybdenum sulfide (MoS₂) has been applied widely in industrial and environmental application, leading to increasing release into environment. So far, no studies have been investigated with regard to the potential effect of MoS₂ on plants. Herein, we studied the impact of MoS₂ on the growth, chlorophyll content, lipid peroxidation, antioxidase system, and aquaporins of rice for the first time. Res ...
- D’Amato, Roberto; Fontanella, Maria Chiara; Falcinelli, Beatrice; Beone, Gian Maria; Bravi, Elisabetta; Marconi, Ombretta; Benincasa, Paolo; Businelli, Daniela
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.16 pp. 4082-4090
- Oryza sativa; biofortification; carotenoids; chlorophyll; germination; human nutrition; phenolic acids; proteins; rice; selenium; sodium selenate; sodium selenite; sprouting; wastes
- ... The contents of total Se and of inorganic and organic Se species, as well as the contents of proteins, chlorophylls, carotenoids, and phenolic acids, were measured in 10-day old sprouts of rice (Oryza sativa L.) obtained with increasing levels (15, 45, 135, and 405 mg Se L–¹) of sodium selenite and sodium selenate and with distilled water as control. Increasing Se levels increased organic and inor ...