Jump to Main Content
- Ji, Xiaofei; Guo, Jincheng; Liu, Yuxiu; Lu, Aidang; Wang, Ziwen; Li, Yongqiang; Yang, Shaoxiang; Wang, Qingmin
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.16 pp. 4062-4072
- Culex pipiens pallens; Helicoverpa armigera; Mythimna; Ostrinia nubilalis; Plutella xylostella; alkaloids; antifungal properties; antiviral properties; insecticidal properties; insects; physicochemical properties
- ... Nortopsentin alkaloids were found to have potent antiviral, anti-phytopathogenic-fungus, and insecticidal activities for the first time. Antiviral-activity tests revealed that these compounds were very sensitive to substituents, so a series of nortopsentin derivatives were designed, synthesized, and systematically evaluated for their antiviral activities against TMV, their fungicidal activities, a ...
- Farag, Mohamed A.; Khattab, Amira R.; Ehrlich, Anja; Kropf, Matthias; Heiss, Andreas G.; Wessjohann, Ludger A.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.16 pp. 4267-4280
- Lens culinaris; Lupinus angustifolius; Lupinus polyphyllus; alkaloids; amino acids; antinutritional factors; breeding; color; cultivars; functional foods; gas chromatography; lentils; mass spectrometry; metabolites; multivariate analysis; nutrients; peptides; phytopharmaceuticals; sterols; sucrose; sugar phosphates
- ... Lens culinaris and several Lupinus species are two legumes regarded as potential protein resources aside from their richness in phytochemicals. Consequently, characterization of their metabolite composition seems warranted to be considered as a sustainable commercial functional food. This study presents a discriminatory holistic approach for metabolite profiling in accessions of four lentil cultiv ...