Jump to Main Content
- Li, Na; Han, Xiaowei; Xu, Shujing; Li, Chunyan; Wei, Xin; Liu, Yu; Zhang, Rui; Tang, Xianghua; Zhou, Junpei; Huang, Zunxi
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9465-9472
- Escherichia coli; Sphingomonas; amino acids; enzyme activity; ethanol; glycosides; microorganisms; moieties; pH; sodium chloride; sugars; trypsin; xylan 1,4-beta-xylosidase
- ... Mining for novel enzymes from new microorganisms is a way to obtain β-xylosidases with promising applications. A Sphingomonas β-xylosidase was expressed in Escherichia coli. The purified recombinant enzyme (rJB13GH39) was most active at pH 4.5 and 50 °C, retaining 10%–50% of its maximum activity at 0–20 °C. Most salts and chemical reagents including 3.0%–20.0% (w/v) NaCl showed little or no effect ...
- Lu, Jun; Yao, Lu; Li, Jin-Xin; Liu, Shu-Jie; Hu, Yan-Ying; Wang, Shi-Hui; Liang, Wen-Xia; Huang, Lu-Qi; Dai, Yu-Jie; Wang, Juan; Gao, Wen-Yuan
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9446-9455
- Panax ginseng; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; active sites; amino acids; bioactive properties; biosynthesis; gene overexpression; genetically modified organisms; ginsenosides; glucose; models; moieties; molecular dynamics; mutational analysis; transferases
- ... Ginsenosides attract great attention for their bioactivities. However, their contents are low, and many UDP-glycosyltransferases (UGTs) that play crucial roles in the ginsenoside biosynthesis pathways have not been identified, which hinders the biosynthesis of ginsenosides. In this study, we reported that one UDP-glycosyltransferase, UGTPg71A29, from Panax ginseng could glycosylate C20–OH of Rh₁ a ...