Jump to Main Content
- Fu, Kaiyue; Zheng, Yan; Li, Juan; Liu, Yushen; Pang, Bo; Song, Xiuling; Xu, Kun; Wang, Juan; Zhao, Chao
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9516-9521
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus; antibodies; ascorbic acid; color; colorimetry; detection limit; food pathogens; foodborne illness; gastroenteritis; immunoassays; immunoglobulin G; ions; magnetism; manganese; manganese dioxide; nanogold; nanoparticles; oysters; rapid methods
- ... Vibrio parahemolyticus (V. parahemolyticus) is an important food-borne pathogen that causes food poisoning and acute gastroenteritis in humans. Herein, a novel colorimetric immunoassay was presented for rapid detection of V. parahemolyticus using gold nanoparticles (18.1 nm diameter) as chromogenic substrate, whose combination of a magnetic bead-based sandwich immunoassay and an optical sensing sy ...
- Qin, Xinguang; Yuan, Dan; Wang, Qi; Hu, Zhongze; Wu, Yang; Cai, Jie; Huang, Qingrong; Li, Shuyi; Liu, Gang
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9556-9564
- Maillard reaction products; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; color; dispersions; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; functional foods; glucose; heat stability; heat treatment; hydrophobic bonding; industrial applications; ingredients; pH; particle size; whey protein isolate
- ... The poor thermal and acid stabilities of anthocyanins greatly limit their industrial applications as functional food ingredients. This work investigated the ability of the Maillard reaction products (MRPs) of whey protein isolates and glucose to enhance the thermal stability of anthocyanins over the pH range of 2.0–7.0. Anthocyanin dispersions were subjected to up to 120 min of thermal treatment a ...