Jump to Main Content
- Casida, John E.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9379-9383
- biochemical pathways; crops; environmental impact; fungicides; herbicides; human health; insecticides; pesticidal properties
- ... Detoxification (detox) plays a major role in pesticide action and resistance. The mechanisms involved are sometimes part of the discovery and development process in seeking new biochemical targets and metabolic pathways. Genetically modified and chemical-safener-modified crops are a marked exception and often involve herbicide detox by design to achieve the required crop tolerance. This perspectiv ...
- Paoletti, Claudia; Favilla, Stefania; Leo, Alessandro; Neri, Franco M.; Broll, Hermann; Fernandez, Antonio
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9507-9515
- corn; crops; genetically modified plants; risk assessment process; soybeans
- ... Common pillar across the risk assessment strategies implemented worldwide for genetically modified plants is the comparison of their compositional profile to that of conventional counterparts deemed safe. If differences are observed, those that cannot be attributed to natural variation are further evaluated for their safety relevance. This principle is clear, but its implementation is challenging. ...