Jump to Main Content
- Li, Na; Han, Xiaowei; Xu, Shujing; Li, Chunyan; Wei, Xin; Liu, Yu; Zhang, Rui; Tang, Xianghua; Zhou, Junpei; Huang, Zunxi
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9465-9472
- Escherichia coli; Sphingomonas; amino acids; enzyme activity; ethanol; glycosides; microorganisms; moieties; pH; sodium chloride; sugars; trypsin; xylan 1,4-beta-xylosidase
- ... Mining for novel enzymes from new microorganisms is a way to obtain β-xylosidases with promising applications. A Sphingomonas β-xylosidase was expressed in Escherichia coli. The purified recombinant enzyme (rJB13GH39) was most active at pH 4.5 and 50 °C, retaining 10%–50% of its maximum activity at 0–20 °C. Most salts and chemical reagents including 3.0%–20.0% (w/v) NaCl showed little or no effect ...
- Wang, Guang; Nie, Jia-hui; Bao, Yongping; Yang, Xuesong
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9522-9533
- angiogenesis; antioxidants; apoptosis; bioactive compounds; chickens; chicks; chorioallantoic membrane; endoplasmic reticulum; endoplasmic reticulum stress; enzymes; ethanol; gene expression; models; sulforaphane; yolk sac
- ... Our previous study showed that ethanol exposure inhibited embryonic angiogenesis mainly due to the excessive stimulation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) production. In this study, we investigated whether sulforaphane (SFN), a known dietary bioactive compound, could ameliorate ethanol-suppressed angiogenesis using chick embryo angiogenesis models. Using chick yolk sac membrane (YSM) and chorioalla ...