Jump to Main Content
- Yi, Jiang; Liu, Yuexiang; Zhang, Yuzhu; Gao, Luyu
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9481-9489
- beta-carotene; colloids; emulsions; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; functional foods; gel electrophoresis; glycation; heat; heat treatment; hydrophobic bonding; hydrophobicity; ionic strength; nanoparticles; pH; protocols; resveratrol; storage quality; transmission electron microscopy; ultraviolet radiation; whey; whey protein isolate
- ... The effects of resveratrol (RES)-loaded whey protein isolate (WPI)–dextran nanocomplex on the physicochemical stability of β-carotene (BC) emulsions were evaluated. WPI–dextran was prepared by Maillard-based glycation and confirmed with gel electrophoresis and OPA assay. WPI–RES and WPI–dextran–RES nanoparticles were prepared with a simple nanocomplexation protocol. Fluorescence spectra indicated ...
- Qin, Xinguang; Yuan, Dan; Wang, Qi; Hu, Zhongze; Wu, Yang; Cai, Jie; Huang, Qingrong; Li, Shuyi; Liu, Gang
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.36 pp. 9556-9564
- Maillard reaction products; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; color; dispersions; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; functional foods; glucose; heat stability; heat treatment; hydrophobic bonding; industrial applications; ingredients; pH; particle size; whey protein isolate
- ... The poor thermal and acid stabilities of anthocyanins greatly limit their industrial applications as functional food ingredients. This work investigated the ability of the Maillard reaction products (MRPs) of whey protein isolates and glucose to enhance the thermal stability of anthocyanins over the pH range of 2.0–7.0. Anthocyanin dispersions were subjected to up to 120 min of thermal treatment a ...