Jump to Main Content
- Caetano-Silva, Maria Elisa; Barros Mariutti, Lilian Regina; Bragagnolo, Neura; Bertoldo-Pacheco, Maria Teresa; Netto, Flavia Maria
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.8 pp. 1981-1989
- food fortification, etc ; adverse effects; antioxidant activity; cell membranes; emulsions; ferrous chloride; ferrous sulfate; food matrix; foods; humans; iron; lipid peroxidation; lipids; models; oxidative stability; peptides; peroxide value; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; volatile compounds; whey; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Food fortification with iron may favor lipid oxidation in both food matrices and the human body. This study aimed at evaluating the effect of peptide–iron complexation on lipid oxidation catalyzed by iron, using oil-in-water (O/W) emulsions as a model system. The extent of lipid oxidation of emulsions containing iron salts (FeSO₄ or FeCl₂) or iron complexes (peptide–iron complexes or ferrous bisgl ...
- Giampieri, Francesca; Gasparrini, Massimiliano; Forbes-Hernandez, Tamara Y.; Mazzoni, Luca; Capocasa, Franco; Sabbadini, Silvia; Alvarez-Suarez, Josè M.; Afrin, Sadia; Rosati, Carlo; Pandolfini, Tiziana; Molesini, Barbara; Sánchez-Sevilla, José F.; Amaya, Iraida; Mezzetti, Bruno; Battino, Maurizio
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.3 pp. 581-592
- food fortification, etc ; anthocyanidins; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; apoptosis; bioactive compounds; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; correlation; cytotoxicity; free radicals; fruit extracts; fruits; genes; hepatoma; humans; mitochondria; neoplasm cells; polyphenols; strawberries; transcriptome; transgenic plants; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Food fortification through the increase and/or modulation of bioactive compounds has become a major goal for preventing several diseases, including cancer. Here, strawberry lines of cv. Calypso transformed with a construct containing an anthocyanidin synthase (ANS) gene were produced to study the effects on anthocyanin biosynthesis, metabolism, and transcriptome. Three strawberry ANS transgenic li ...