Jump to Main Content
- Duerasch, Anja; Wissel, Jana; Henle, Thomas
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.44 pp. 11748-11756
- sodium caseinate, etc ; crosslinking; food industry; functional properties; gel chromatography; kappa-casein; light scattering; micelles; milk; models; nanoparticles; oligomerization; pH; protein conformation; protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase; scanning electron microscopy; stabilizers; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... In milk, caseins interact to form nanoparticles called casein micelles. Under weak alkaline conditions, casein micelles swell reversibly and are disrupted at pH values above 8.5. The enzyme microbial transglutaminase (mTG) is widely used in food industry to modify the functional properties of proteins. Here, we evaluated the potential of mTG as a stabilizer for alkaline disrupted casein micelles. ...
- Hannß, Mariella; Hubbe, Natalie; Henle, Thomas
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.43 pp. 11477-11485
- sodium caseinate, etc ; Maillard reaction; casein; chemical bonding; crosslinking; food processing; gel strength; gelation; gels; gluconolactone; glycation; lactose; lysine; pH; polymerization; polymers; raw materials; reducing sugars; structure-activity relationships; texture; water holding capacity; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... During food processing or storage, milk proteins can react with reducing sugars via the Maillard reaction (glycation), which may alter their techno-functional properties. The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between molecular changes of casein occurring during different stages of the Maillard reaction and its acid-induced gelling properties. Therefore, sodium caseinate was hea ...