Jump to Main Content
- Sha, Sha; Chen, Shuang; Qian, Michael; Wang, Chengcheng; Xu, Yan
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 123-131
- flavor; headspace analysis; mixing; models; odor compounds; odors; quantitative analysis
- ... The aroma profile of Chinese roasted sesame-like flavor type liquor was investigated by means of headspace solid phase microextraction–aroma extract dilution analysis (HS-SPME-AEDA). Sixty-three odor-active regions were detected by HS-SPME-AEDA with flavor dilution (FD) factors >5, and 58 of these were further identified. Among them, ethyl hexanoate, 2-furfurylthiol, dimethyl trisulfide, 3-methylb ...
- Karunathilaka, Sanjeewa R.; Mossoba, Magdi M.; Chung, Jin Kyu; Haile, Ermias A.; Srigley, Cynthia T.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 224-233
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; cost effectiveness; dietary supplements; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; fatty acid composition; gas chromatography; least squares; models; oils; prediction; quality control; quantitative analysis; rapid methods
- ... Using a portable field device, a Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and partial least-squares regression (PLSR) method was developed for the rapid (<5 min) prediction of major and minor fatty acid (FA) concentrations in marine oil omega-3 dietary supplements. Calibration models were developed with 174 gravimetrically prepared samples. These models were tested using an independent valid ...