Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Yang; Wang, Meie; Chen, Wieping; Li, Yanling; Peng, Chi
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.27 pp. 5463-5469
- cadmium; field experimentation; food contamination; food crops; ingestion; leaching; manganese; manganese oxides; paddies; probabilistic risk assessment; rice; risk; risk estimate; soil management; soil organic matter; soil pH; solubility; vegetables; zinc; China
- ... Solid-solution partitioning coefficient (Kd) and plant uptake factor (PUF) largely determine the solubility and mobility of soil Cd to food crops. A four-year regional investigation was conducted in contaminated vegetable and paddy fields of southern China to quantify the variability in Kd and PUF. The distributions of Kd and PUF characterizing transfers of Cd from soil to vegetable and rice are p ...
- Ding, Ling; Qiu, Jiangbing; Li, Aifeng
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.27 pp. 5494-5502
- Alexandrium tamarense; Mytilus galloprovincialis; biotransformation; metabolites; mussels; poisoning; seafood-borne illness; shellfish; toxins; China
- ... A seafood poisoning event occurred in Qinhuangdao, China, in April 2016. Subsequently, the causative mussels (Mytilus galloprovincialis) were harvested and analyzed to reveal a high concentration [∼10 758 μg of saxitoxin (STX) equiv kg–1] of paralytic shellfish toxins (PSTs), including gonyautoxin (GTX)1/4 and GTX2/3, as well as new metabolites 11-hydroxy-STX (M2), 11,11-dihydroxy-STX (M4), open-r ...