Jump to Main Content
- Hill, Ryan C.; Oman, Trent J.; Wang, Xiujuan; Shan, Guomin; Schafer, Barry; Herman, Rod A.; Tobias, Rowel; Shippar, Jeff; Malayappan, Bhaskar; Sheng, Li; Xu, Austin; Bradshaw, Jason
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.27 pp. 5531-5544
- allergens; environmental factors; field experimentation; genetic engineering; genetic factors; growing season; safety assessment; soybeans; tandem mass spectrometry; Europe
- ... As part of the regulatory approval process in Europe, comparison of endogenous soybean allergen levels between genetically engineered (GE) and non-GE plants has been requested. A quantitative multiplex analytical method using tandem mass spectrometry was developed and validated to measure 10 potential soybean allergens from soybean seed. The analytical method was implemented at six laboratories to ...
- Hong, Bonnie; Du, Yingzhou; Mukerji, Pushkor; Roper, Jason M.; Appenzeller, Laura M.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.27 pp. 5545-5560
- European Union; crops; experimental design; food safety; genetic transformation; guidelines; health effects assessments; laws and regulations; rats; safety assessment; statistical analysis; transgenic plants; Europe
- ... Regulatory-compliant rodent subchronic feeding studies are compulsory regardless of a hypothesis to test, according to recent EU legislation for the safety assessment of whole food/feed produced from genetically modified (GM) crops containing a single genetic transformation event (European Union Commission Implementing Regulation No. 503/2013). The Implementing Regulation refers to guidelines set ...