Jump to Main Content
- Santos-Barbosa, JoyceM.; Lee, Stephen T.; Cook, Daniel; Gardner, Dale R.; Viana, Luis Henrique; Ré, Nilva
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.7 pp. 1428-1433
- poisonous plants, etc ; 1-propanol; death; derivatization; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; herbaria; high performance liquid chromatography; livestock; sulfuric acid; toxicity; Africa; Australia; South America; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Monofluoroacetate (MFA) is a potent toxin that occurs in over 50 plant species in Africa, Australia, and South America and is responsible for significant livestock deaths in these regions. A gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS) method for the analysis of MFA in plants based on the derivatization of MFA with n-propanol in the presence of sulfuric acid to form propyl fluoroacetate was develo ...
- Chen, Xuan-Qin; Gao, Ling-Huan; Li, Yan-Ping; Li, Hong-Mei; Liu, Dan; Liao, Xia-Li; Li, Rong-Tao
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.22 pp. 4456-4463
- poisonous plants, etc ; Pieris brassicae; Pieris japonica; X-ray diffraction; antifeeding activity; bioassays; diterpenoids; flowers; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; structure-activity relationships; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Six new highly oxygenated grayanane diterpenoids, neopierisoids G–L, 1–6, together with 10 known related compounds, 7–16, were identified from the flowers of the poisonous plant Pieris japonica. The structures were elucidated on the basis of comprehensive NMR spectroscopy and mass analysis. The relative configurations of 1–6 were elucidated by analysis of ROESY spectra and comparison of NMR data w ...