Jump to Main Content
- Boue, Stephen M.; Daigle, Kim W.; Chen, Ming-Hsuan; Cao, Heping; Heiman, Mark L.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2016 v.64 no.26 pp. 5345-5353
- Oryza sativa; adipocytes; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; anthocyanins; digestion; enzyme inhibition; genes; glucose; glucose transporters; homeostasis; humans; messenger RNA; proanthocyanidins; red rice; rice bran; starch
- ... Pigmented rice contains anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins that are concentrated in the bran layer. In this study, we determined the phenolic, flavonoid, anthocyanin, and proanthocyanidin content of five rice bran (1 brown, 2 red, and 2 purple) extracts. Each bran extract was evaluated for inhibitory effects on α-amylase and α-glucosidase activity, two key glucosidases required for starch digestio ...
- Erşan, Sevcan; GüçlüÜstündağ, Özlem; Carle, Reinhold; Schweiggert, Ralf M.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2016 v.64 no.26 pp. 5334-5344
- Pistacia vera; anthocyanins; byproducts; functional foods; gallic acid; glucosides; hulls; mesocarp; pistachios; quercetin; quinic acid; raw materials; tannins
- ... Phenolic constituents of the nonlignified red and green pistachio hulls (exo- and mesocarp) were assessed by HPLC-DAD-ESI-MSⁿ as well as by HR-MS. A total of 66 compounds was identified in the respective aqueous methanolic extracts. Among them, gallic acid, monogalloyl glucoside, monogalloyl quinic acid, penta-O-galloyl-β-d-glucose, hexagalloyl hexose, quercetin 3-O-galactoside, quercetin 3-O-gluc ...