Jump to Main Content
- Esatbeyoglu, Tuba; Rodríguez-Werner, Miriam; Schlösser, Anke; Liehr, Martin; Ipharraguerre, Ignacio; Winterhalter, Peter; Rimbach, Gerald
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2016 v.64 no.29 pp. 5901-5908
- Daucus carota, etc ; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; anthocyanins; carrots; chlorogenic acid; chromatography; color; dipeptidyl-peptidase IV; dose response; food coloring; fractionation; glucagon-like peptide 1; glucose; glycemic effect; human cell lines; phenolic acids; polyphenols; secretion; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Black and purple carrots have attracted interest as colored extracts for coloring food due to their high content of anthocyanins. This study aimed to investigate the polyphenol composition of black carrots. Particularly, the identification and quantification of phenolic compounds of the variety Deep Purple carrot (DPC), which presents a very dark color, was performed by HPLC-PDA and HPLC-ESI-MSⁿ a ...
- Kamiloglu, Senem; Capanoglu, Esra; Bilen, Fatma Damla; Gonzales, Gerard Bryan; Grootaert, Charlotte; Wiele, Tom van de; Camp, John van
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2016 v.64 no.12 pp. 2450-2458
- Daucus carota, etc ; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; bioavailability; byproducts; carrots; foods; high performance liquid chromatography; in vitro digestion; industry; polyphenols; pomace; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Plant-processing byproducts of black carrot represent an important disposal problem for the industry; however, they are also promising sources of polyphenols, especially anthocyanins. The present study focused on the changes in polyphenols from black carrot, peel, and pomace during in vitro gastrointestinal digestion. Total phenolic content (TPC), total monomeric anthocyanin content (TMAC), and to ...