Jump to Main Content
- Davidov-Pardo, Gabriel; Joye, Iris J.; Espinal-Ruiz, Mauricio; McClements, David Julian
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.38 pp. 8510-8518
- sodium caseinate, etc ; calcium chloride; coprecipitation; electrostatic interactions; encapsulation; food matrix; grapes; heat treatment; hydrophobicity; molecular weight; nanoparticles; pH; polysaccharides; resveratrol; zein; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Protein nanoparticles are often not very stable in a complex food matrix because they are primarily stabilized by electrostatic repulsion. In this study, we envisaged the stabilization of zein nanoparticles through Maillard conjugation reactions with polysaccharides of different molecular mass. Zein nanoparticles (0.5% w/v) containing resveratrol (0.025% w/v grape skin extract) were produced by li ...
- Davidov-Pardo, Gabriel; Perez-Ciordia, Sonia; Marin-Arroyo, Maria R.; McClements, David Julian
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.15 pp. 3915-3923
- caseinates, etc ; Maillard reaction; beverages; bioavailability; biopolymers; encapsulation; functional foods; gastrointestinal system; isomerization; nanoparticles; resveratrol; ultraviolet radiation; zein; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The impact of encapsulating resveratrol in biopolymer nanoparticles or biopolymer complexes on its physicochemical stability and bioaccessibility was determined. The biopolymer nanoparticles consisted of a zein core surrounded by a caseinate or caseinate–dextran shell. The biopolymer complexes consisted of resveratrol bound to caseinate or caseinate–dextran. The caseinate–dextran conjugates were f ...