Jump to Main Content
- Gomez-Zorita, Saioa; Ferenzndez-Quintela, Alfredo; Lasa, Arrate; Aguirre, Leixuri; Rimando, Agnes M.; Portillo, Maria P.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.33 pp. 8371-8378
- rats, etc ; acetyl-CoA carboxylase; adipose tissue; beta oxidation; blood chemistry; blood serum; body weight; carnitine; diet; fatty-acid synthase; glucose-6-phosphate 1-dehydrogenase; insulin; lipogenesis; liver; malic enzyme; pterostilbene; resveratrol; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The current study aimed to demonstrate the effects of pterostilbene in rats fed an obesogenic diet. For this purpose, pterostilbene was administered at doses of 15 mg/kg body weight/day (PT15 group) or 30 mg/kg body weight/day (PT30 group) for 6 weeks. Pterostilbene reduced adipose tissue mass â15.1% (PT15) and â22.9% (PT30). In this tissue, it decreased malic enzyme (â39.4 and â49.5% for ...
- Diamanti, Jacopo; Mezzetti, Bruno; Giampieri, Francesca; Alvarez-Suarez, Jose M.; Quiles, Jose L.; Gonzalez-Alonso, Adrian; Del Carmen Ramirez-Tortosa, Maria; Granados-Principal, Sergio; GonzÃ¡les-ParamÃ¡s, Ana M.; Santos-Buelga, Celestino; Battino, Maurizio
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.18 pp. 3935-3943
- rats, etc ; DNA damage; Fragaria; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; biomarkers; cultivars; diet; doxorubicin; enzyme activity; enzymes; lipid peroxidation; liver; nutritional intervention; oxidative stress; phenol; strawberries; toxicity; vitamin A; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... This study investigated the effects of two different strawberry cultivars, Adria and Sveva, against doxorubicin (DOX)-induced toxicity in rats. A controlled dietary intervention was conducted over 16 weeks with four groups: (i) normal diet; (ii) normal diet + DOX injection; (iii) Adria supplementation + DOX injection; and (iv) Sveva supplementation + DOX injection. Sveva presented higher total ant ...