Jump to Main Content
- Juskelis, Rima; Li, Wanxing; Nelson, Jenny; Cappozzo, Jack C.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.45 pp. 10670-10676
- arsenic; arsenites; cacodylic acid; high performance liquid chromatography; infants; rice; rice flour; spectrometers; supermarkets; surveys; United States
- ... The aim of this study was to conduct a survey of arsenic (As) content in rice cereals for infants. The analysis was based on the FDA Elemental Analysis Manual (EAM 4.11). An inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) was used to determine total As. Due to the different toxicities of the chemical forms of arsenic, the ICP-MS coupled to a high-performance liquid chromatograph (HPLC) was u ...
- Harrigan, George G.; Culler, Angela
H.; Culler, Matthew; Breeze, Matthew
L.; Berman, Kristina H.; Halls, Steven C.; Harrison, Jay M.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.45 pp. 10807-10815
- amino acids; breeding; carbohydrates; environmental factors; fatty acids; growing season; isoflavones; metabolites; pedigree; plant hormones; seeds; soybeans; statistical analysis; tocopherols; variance; United States
- ... This paper reports an assessment of seed biochemical and metabolite variability and diversity in a series of nine soybean varieties; all lines share the same genetic lineage but represent ∼35 years of breeding (launch years 1972–2008) and differing yield potentials. These varieties, including six conventional and three glyphosate-tolerant lines, were grown concurrently at two replicated field site ...